What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- We have updated our Google Analytics tracking code to enable Display Advertiser Features, including: Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and DoubleClick Platform Integrations.
- By enabling the Display features, we enable Google Analytics to collect data about our traffic via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers.
- We and third-party vendors (including Google) will use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to target, optimize and deliver advertising, according to user’s previous visits to our website.
- You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Display Advertiser Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (such as the NAI Consumer Opt-Out). Also you can go to Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include VOLT® Lighting or AMP® Lighting. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Profile” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Profile” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
California Privacy Notice
This California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets for VOLT® and its affiliates (“we”, “us” and, “our”) disclosure obligations under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and the California Civil Code Section 1798.83. This Notice provides the additional details regarding the information defined as “personal information” under applicable California law and related to a California resident or household (“Consumers” and “you”) further referred to as “Personal Information.” This Notice describes the categories of Personal Information VOLT® has collected, the categories of Personal Information VOLT® has disclosed, the categories of Personal Information VOLT® has sold (if any), and a description of the Consumer’s rights.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, you may have the following consumer rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions or limitations as specified in the CCPA:
- You have the right to request, at no charge, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information VOLT® has collected in the prior 12 months.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- categories of Personal Information collected about you;
- categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and disclosing your Personal Information; and
- categories of third parties to/with whom your Personal Information has been disclosed/shared, including for a business purpose; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Access: You have the right to obtain a list of categories and a copy of the Personal Information, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format, collected on you covering the 12-month period preceding the request.
- Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information we have collected from you. This right may be subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law.
- Right to be Free from Discrimination: You may exercise all of the above rights at all times and VOLT® will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.