Last Updated: 9/4/2020
Personal information we collect
Trailer Valet (“we”, “us” and, “our”) is the sole owner of the information collected on the Site. When you visit the Site, we may automatically, directly or indirectly collect information about the device or devices you are using to access the Site “Device Information”, or information pertaining to your order “Order Information.”
Device Information may include certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We may collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “cookies”, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- “log files”, which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps; and
- web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels”, which are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Be aware that the type of tracking that we use to collect device information can change any time with notice given to email subscribers.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, expiration date, money order, wire transfer, check information, or PayPal account), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
When registering a Trailer Valet product for an extended warranty, we collect additional information about your purchase such as the date and location of your purchase, product, and how you heard about us.
We may also get information about you from other sources, which may be added to or combined with information we get from the Site.
Device Information and Order information are collectively referred to as “Personal Information.” Trailer Valet not sell, share, or rent Personal Information to any outside parties, except as outlined in this Policy.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We generally use the Order Information that we collect to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we may use this Order Information to:
- communicate with you;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We may use Device Information (e.g., your IP address) to help us screen for potential risk and fraud, and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Trailer Valet does not share financial information with third parties except when processing credit card information with merchant banks for authorization and approval. This process is protected by an enhanced security system.
Sharing your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we may use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.We may also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Trailer Valet generally uses outside shipping companies to ship orders, and credit card processing companies to bill users for goods and services. Trailer Valet is not responsible for how these companies use your information.
Trailer Valet may share Personal Information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads;
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising
Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
This site contains links to other sites. Trailer Valet is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
Product Ratings and Reviews
Trailer Valet provides a product-rating feature that allows customers to rate the quality of the product. The review system also allows for customers to leave written comments to further elaborate their experience with the product. All ratings and review comments are pre-screened by a moderator before posting to the site. The moderator may choose to disregard or eliminate comments that do not meet the guidelines, e.g., requiring that all comments are truthful and non-offensive. Guidelines do not permit the posting of personal information or information for the purpose of personal gain.
Trailer Valet takes precautions to protect users’ Personal Information. When users submit sensitive information via the Site, the information is protected both online and offline. When a registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with 128bit encryption SSL technology by Authorize.net. To learn more about SSL, follow this link www.Authorize.net.
European resident rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. European residents should also be aware that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Trailer Valet does not use customers’ Personal Information for contact other than Trailer Valet pertinent business. Trailer Valet does not share customers’ Personal Information with any outside parties other than specified in this Policy. However, for customers who wish to opt-out or be removed from Trailer Valet special offers and related news, Trailer Valet provides several methods to accomplish this request. Users who no longer wish to receive newsletters or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by un-checking the permission to send field when processing their order.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We may update this “Policy” from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
17970 Ajax Circle
City of Industry, CA 91748, USA
California Privacy Notice
Effective as of 1/1/2020.
Trailer Valet is not in the business of selling your personal information, and as of the Date of this Policy, Trailer Valet does not believe that it meets the requirements to classify it as a “business” under the provisions of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Nevertheless, in the event that Trailer Valet’s operations change or data is inadvertently acquired that classifies Trailer Valet as a “business” under the CCPA, this California Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets forth that Trailer Valet and any affiliates (“we”, “us” and, “our”) may have disclosure obligations under California law, including the CCPA and the California Civil Code Section 1798.83. This Notice provides the additional details regarding the information defined as “personal information” under applicable California law and related to a California resident or household (“Consumers” and “you”) further referred to as “Personal Information.” This Notice describes the categories of Personal Information Trailer Valet has collected, the categories of Personal Information Trailer Valet has disclosed, the categories of Personal Information Trailer Valet has sold (if any), and a description of the Consumer’s rights.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, you may have the following consumer rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions or limitations as specified in the CCPA:
- You have the right to request, at no charge, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information Trailer Valet has collected in the prior 12 months.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about how we have handled your Personal Information in the prior 12 months, including the:
- categories of Personal Information collected about you;
- categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information;
- business and/or commercial purposes for collecting and disclosing your Personal Information; and
- categories of third parties to/with whom your Personal Information has been disclosed/shared, including for a business purpose; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
- Access: You have the right to obtain a list of categories and a copy of the Personal Information, in a portable and (if technically feasible) readily usable format, collected on you covering the 12-month period preceding the request. You may submit an access request by emailing Trailer Valet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deletion: You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information we have collected from you. This right may be subject to certain conditions and limitations under the law. You may submit a deletion request by emailing Trailer Valet at email@example.com.
- Opt-Out: As previously stated, Trailer Valet does not sell Personal information. However, if you believe that any such sale of Personal Information has occurred through Trailer Valet or any affiliates of Trailer Valet, you have the right to request to opt-out from future “sales” of your Personal Information. You may submit an opt-out request by emailing Trailer Valet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to be Free from Discrimination: You may exercise all of the above rights at all times and Trailer Valet will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.